Friday, November 14, 2014

Family Photos

We had some family photos taken last week. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that they are our first ever family photos. The only other ones we have are snapshots from our wedding and other events. I've wanted to do them almost every year but have put them off because planning outfits never sounded like a very fun thing to do (it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be). We missed our chance at good weather for outside photos so we went to a local studio. I love the photos of Harper and am pretty happy with our family ones. I only wish Hazel and Tucker were in them. I'm hoping we can get a family photo with them sometime next year. Hazel has been having some pretty intense eye issues and just wasn't ready for pictures this time around.

Anyway, we went to Fotofly in Draper and had a really great experience. I loved that we didn't have to go back for a disc. They gave us a code to access our photos, which were ready less than two hours after our appointment, online. Also, the photographer that we had was a sweetheart. She really understood Harper. She was so cute with her and got some truly genuine Harper faces and smiles. I was really grateful to her for that. Real smiles are always better than forced ones, especially with kids.


This photo is my favorite. It's just Harper all the way. The grin. The eyes. The FRECKLES. I can't wait to have this on my wall.

I had secretly hoped to have photos before Colt's hunting season beard got to be too long. Obviously that didn't happen. Colt is pretty proud of his beard and even styled it with wax before our appointment. I'm learning to love it and couldn't help but laughing my face off when this "Let it Grow" video popped up on my Facebook feed (seriously, watch it, especially if you have a beard growing/Movember enthusiast around).




As we were looking through the photos, I realized that this might be the last time we have official pics of Harper with all of her baby teeth. That thought really pulled on my heartstrings. I can't believe that I could be playing tooth fairy sometime this year. I'm. Not. Ready.


I don't know if I have yet mentioned Harper's cheetah obsession. She fell in love with leopard/cheetah print over the summer and has acquired quite the collection of cheetah goods since then (she even has a cheetah beanbag and chose to replace her princess backpack with a cheetah one). She thinks anything cheetah is SO cool and can't wait until she is old enough to get the cheetah bra that we saw at Target last week (heaven help me).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!