Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Wicked with Harper

Last weekend, Harper and I went to Vegas to see Wicked with my mom. I hadn't seen it since 2008 and was really excited to go again. I was even more excited to see Harper watch it. It is no surprise that she loved it. She loved it with a great, big capital L. She is obsessed with Elphaba now and has been asking me all kinds of questions about her (for example, why is she the only green person? where did her powers come from? can Harper have a real grimmerie of her own? why is Fiyero so handsome? can Harper be Elphaba for Halloween next year?)

With The Wizard of Oz at Tuacahn, Harper being Dorothy for Halloween, and Wicked in Vegas, we have truly had a year of Oz around here. It's been great. I love everything Oz and am happy to see that Harper is into it, too (I just love it when we can bond over our nerdy interests). I am topping it off with an Ozish ornament for Harper's ornament this year. It came earlier this week and is just as perfect as I'd hoped it would be. I can't wait to hang it on our tree (AFTER Thanksgiving) and show it to you.

Until then, here are a few instagrams from our afternoon at Wicked. You'll notice that Harper insisted on changing into her Elphaba/Glinda shirt seconds after we purchased it. She didn't even want to wait long enough to walk to the bathroom. She changed behind a counter. I never thought I'd know anyone that got more excited about new clothes than I do. I was wrong.
Me: Say cheese.
Her: ELPHABA!!!

I realize that I am yet to blog about any of our other Oz events. I'll get there. Hopefully sooner than later (most likely later since last weekend inspired me to revisit the Wicked series, which is a pretty hefty undertaking since I'm in school right now). Until then, here is a little glimpse of our Halloween this year...

We also did a little bit of furniture shopping with my mom while we were in Vegas. Harper tried her hand at being a Bassett designer. She loved Bassett and had just as much fun in there as my mom and I do. She's a smart girl and knows that all of those fabric options are serious business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!