Thursday, November 13, 2014

In the Leaves

I recently upgraded to a new iMac. All of the birthday and Halloween photos that I want to post are on my old iMac. I'm working on sorting and organizing everything between the two computers. I'm hoping that the cold weather, which arrived just this week, will give me an excuse to slow down a bit so that I can have more than five minutes here and there at my computer.

The truth is that I am desperate for some down time. I've never been one to envy people, but lately have found myself feeling jealous of those that have more free time than I do. I'm working on simplifying my schedule and saying no to things that don't feel necessary. Something has got to give because I am stretched very thin right now and am barely hanging on, mentally and physically. I am ready for the cold weather and dark evenings to bring on a bit of a hibernation so that I can read, snuggle, and relax a little more.

Meanwhile, here are some photos of Harper playing in the leaves. We have a tree in our backyard that is as old as our house (over half a century). It is beautiful and provides much needed shade in the summer months. It also provides leaves each fall. Lots of leaves. Harper couldn't wait to get out and jump around in them once they started falling. Heaven knows that someone needs to enjoy them. Colt and I certainly don't. Raking and loading 30+ bags of leaves isn't quite as fun as...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!