Monday, July 8, 2013

Sunday Evening at Silver Lake

Hello and Happy Monday, my friends. I hope that everyone had a great holiday weekend. I know that we did, and not only was it great, it was busy.

Colt got home from a fishing trip in Montana on the 4th and we didn't stop going until last night at bedtime. Fireworks, a swim party (or two!) at Colt's parents' house, fishing, food (lots of it), movies (we saw Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University and we all preferred Despicable Me- it was so funny), scouting for deer, and a visit with the goats at Colt's Grandma's house are just a few of the things that made up our Independence Day weekend.

I loved it all and am grateful to have enjoyed some special moments with my favorite people. Colt and I have both had hectic schedules the past couple of months and quality time together has basically been nonexistent. This weekend gave us the chance to make up for that a bit. I'm really loving July. I can't say enough how nice it is to finally have a little free time.

This coming week is looking like a good one, too. We have a couple of hikes planned, as well as a possible campout. I also want to thrift with Whitney (I need to add inventory to The Sandy Closet) and to enjoy several bike rides/park visits with Miss Harper. Heaven knows that she deserves them. She was unbelievably patient with our chaotic schedules throughout May and June.

I didn't take many photos of our weekend because I kept forgetting my camera. I made sure to have it last night, however, as we polished off our weekend with a visit to Silver Lake. Thanks to some recent rain, Big Cottonwood Canyon was especially green and beautiful. Harper had a great time exploring and using her "noculars" to look at birds, ducks, and deer. She was excited to see white, yellow, purple, AND pink flowers.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!