Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Piano Teacher Once Again


One of these beauties is being delivered to my house tonight and I really couldn't be more excited. A Yamaha U3 is an upright grand, meaning that it has the same rich sound as a grand piano. It's about all that you could ask for in a studio piano, which is exciting for me because it means that I can start teaching again.

If you know anyone in the SLC/Sandy area looking for a teacher, feel free to send them my way. I like my studio to be very personal and close-knit and will only be accepting a handful (10 at the most) of students.

For those that might be interested, here is a little bit about my background as a pianist:

I have studied classical piano since I was six (I also have a decade of voice/ear training lessons under my belt as well as extensive choir experience as both a vocalist and accompanist). I have been lucky to have some amazing teachers including David Glen Hatch, Irene Peery-Fox, and Jeffery Shumway. I studied piano performance/pedagogy in college and have over ten years of teaching experience (I took my first student when I was 14). I spent my high school years performing throughout Western Europe, Asia, and Russia with David Glen Hatch and a group of select students. I also competed on both the state and national level, receiving numerous placings and honorable mentions. Additionally, I won the talent award at Miss Utah in 2002 for my rendition of Franz Liszt's Liebestraum #3.

I enjoy teaching students of all ages and levels. My students perform in three studio recitals each year and also have the option of participating in local festivals and competitions. I offer fun incentives for practicing, meeting goals, and memorizing pieces.

I believe in practicing what I preach. Unlike a lot of teachers, I still consider myself to be a piano student. Even though I don't have a teacher anymore, I continue to practice almost daily and am always trying to learn more and challenge myself. I typically perform with my students at their recitals.

I love teaching and am looking forward to starting again. If you or anyone you know would like more information, I can be reached by e-mail at missabbbya@gmail.com.


1 comment:

  1. Hey! checked out your blog and i actually really like it. Im your new follower, would love if you checked out mine...

    http://www.cynthiasnydose.com/

    Lets follow eachother! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!