Friday, March 8, 2013

Inherited Randomness

I'm not really a routine kind of person. I've never been bound by the norm when it comes to my diet, schedule, clothing, or anything else and it's probably a good thing because the perfectionist in me couldn't handle the pressure. I'm totally okay with randomness and so is Harper. I don't know if it's nature or nurture at work here but my daughter has definitely inherited my free spiritedness. And she's taken it to a whole new level. 

Harper wears what she feels like wearing (obviously), sleeps when she feels like sleeping, and, for the most part, eats what she feels like eating. I offer direction- very subtle direction- of course and make sure that her needs are met. She is usually open to my suggestions but I know that if I tried to force a schedule or menu on her, our lives- both of them- would be miserable because Harper is a girl that knows what she wants. As long as she is clean, healthy, and happy at the end of the day, I'm comfortable with leaving the details up to her. 

For example, few days ago, Harper asked for macaroni and cheese (in her terms, moki cheese) for breakfast. I know what it's like to crave something different in the morning (I'm the queen of cold pizza breakfasts) and so I let her have it. Then she had cereal for lunch. For dinner, she ate an entire carton of strawberries.

And she loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!