Monday, March 11, 2013

2013 Bucket List: The Utah Museum of Natural History

I've been wanting to take Harper to the new Utah Museum of Natural History. We went on Saturday and had a great time. The museum, which is right next to Red Butte Gardens, is absolutely beautiful, inside and out. Everything about it is aesthetically pleasing. The building itself is amazing, the exhibits are wonderful, and the view from the cafeteria/eating is breathtaking. Even the tickets are pretty (admission was, by the way, $11 for me and $9 for Harper). I would definitely like to go by myself or with a friend sometime so that I could take everything in at a slower, more adult, pace.

Harper had fun looking at the exhibits and playing in the many areas designated for children. She caught fish (they were plastic, but she was proud nonetheless and couldn't wait to tell her daddy all about them- we think the Easter Bunny might be leaving a Harper a fishing pole this year...), put together two different cell puzzles, looked at butterflies through a magnifying glass, and tried her hand at archeology. Her sweet friend Emma came along with us, making the experience even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!