Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter, 2013

We celebrated Easter yesterday and had a great time doing so. The Easter Bunny, Aunt Calli/Uncle Cody, and some really awesome grandparents and great-grandparents made sure that Harper Jane was nice and spoiled this year.

Harper colored eggs on Friday evening. We tried the Kool-Aid method that has been all over Pinterest. It worked really well and smelled a whole lot better than traditional dye. Harper colored her 17 eggs in a matter of minutes and then decorated them with princess stickers once they dried. I'm hoping that by next year, she will be ready to try some more creative egg coloring methods (watercoloring, glittering, and tie-dyeing all look like fun).






The Easter Bunny came later that night, hiding eggs around the house and setting out some fun things for Miss Harper to find Saturday morning.  E.B. left a bunch of spring outfits (I was glad to see that he has excellent taste and appreciates the girls' section at Target just as much as I do), a new wet suit for boating, and a few little prizes. Harper was most excited about a new Ariel shirt, her very own binoculars (for spotting deer with daddy), and some puzzle balls.

Can you spot the two hidden eggs in this photo? There were eggs in every room of our house. Harper thought it was so funny to find them in random places like a shoe, on the piano, and in Hazel's food dish.




After getting ready, we headed to Colt's parents' house for a family dinner. His mom and dad put on a really fun Easter egg hunt for Harper, who always has a great time searching their lovely yard for eggs and other goodies.


These aren't even the biggest of the eggs that my mother-in-law hides for Harper. This egg hunt has to be one of the best around- Harper always leaves with new clothes, movies, toys, books, treats, and money for her bank. She's totally spoiled by the end, but she loves it and I know that my in-laws love doing it for her. The good news is that next year, she will have help. My sister-in-law Calli is expecting!!! We are all so excited.





We spent today enjoying the sunshine and watching a movie together as a family. I'm so grateful for holidays and for the togetherness that they bring. I'm also grateful for my little Harper girl. Her bright eyes and big smiles make days like Easter special for everyone around her. I never knew how fun holidays could be until she came into my life.

I hope that everyone is enjoying a lovely day. 
Happy Easter from our family to yours!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!