Monday, March 18, 2013

Big Girl Bikes and Other Outside Fun

Harper is so very grown up these days. When she isn't painting or doing a puzzle, she's dancing around and singing along with her iPod (many thanks to Grandma Carrie for that little prize) or putting on lipstick and fixing her own hair (when I offer to help, she always declines, telling me, "I've got it, mommy. I've got it."). She has changed a lot the past few weeks and surprises me on a daily basis with what she knows. I'm not sure when or how she became old enough to have a vocabulary that includes words like "fragile," "lure," "dangerous," and "embarrassing." I just don't know where the time has gone. I feel like Harper should still be a baby. Instead, she is a tall, smart, and funny three-year-old who is always, always on the go. I can hardly keep up with her.

There is nothing that Harper likes more than being outside. Spring could not have come sooner for her. She loves swinging on the swingset and riding her big girl bikes. One plus to her being more mature this year is that she can really enjoy her outdoor toys without such a big risk of getting hurt. She is also a lot more rational this year and understands when I tell her that she needs to stay in the backyard or that that garage is off limits. I like that I don't have to hover around her anymore when she plays outside. I can sit on the porch swing and enjoy a good book while Harper explores, swings, rides, and slides.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!