Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a pretty fun weekend, despite some grey and gloomy Utah weather. Harper and I went to ballet class on Saturday morning. Then we met up with Colt for some lunch at The Training Table (definitely a family favorite). After that, I did some much needed meal planning and grocery shopping. I also ran some other errands and picked up some necessities. Harper tried out her new (old) Spiderman costume by "shooting webs" all over the house.

Colt had ice fishing plans for very early Sunday morning so we spent Saturday night at home. On Sunday, Harper and I saw Wreck-It Ralph, which was super cute. I'm not normally into kid movies (confession: when Harper and I go to movies, we always sit in the top corner of the theater so that I can read on my Kindle without bothering anyone) but I really enjoyed this one and even found myself crying at the end (WTF!!??). I did some online shopping (can't wait to get my new Hello Apparel sweatshirts!) and took a most delightful afternoon nap with Harper.

When we woke up, we broke in her new coloring books (some of the necessities we picked up earlier in the day). If you saw the pile of pictures Harper has colored over the past week or so, you wouldn't believe it. She pumped out at least 25 over the weekend alone. The girl loves. to. color.

I did a lot of reading over the weekend and spent a solid amount of time at the piano.

I realized that my Franz Metronome of over twenty years is dying on me. It's running through batteries like crazy, the paint is wearing off in a lot of spots, and the battery cover no longer wants to stay on. I'm pretty bummed because I love my metronome. The tick it makes is at the perfect pitch and it's big and retro looking. I have had it since I was a little girl. It has been through recitals, competitions (local and out of state), countless students, pageants, and concert tours to Japan, China, Russia, and western Europe (safe to say it was worth the $75 that I insisted my parents pay for it). It has moved with me over ten times and I can't imagine how many times it must have ticked for me over the years. The total must be in the millions considering that for over a decade, I put in 5 hours a day at the piano (a pianist has their metronome on at least 90% of the time). I'm pretty sad to see it go (not literally- I'll keep it forever for nostalgic reasons) and am not excited to purchase one of the smaller, and more annoying, metronomes. It's too bad that Franz went out of business several years ago.

Anyway, enough metronome rambling...  Overall, we had a great weekend. It was equal parts relaxation, productivity, and fun, which is just how I like weekends to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!