Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

After a week at home with strep throat, Harper and I were both more than ready to get out of the house over the weekend. After ballet class on Saturday morning, she and I took off for a fun day of shopping, eating, errands, and haircuts.

We had lunch at Red Butte Cafe and then did some shopping in Foothill Village (two of the boutiques there, Haroon's and Four and Twenty Sailors, carry some of my favorite labels). After that, we ran a few errands and picked up some Great Harvest goodies. We did a little more shopping at Cotton Blossom Boutique. Then we stopped by Salon Lydia for fresh haircuts (heaven bless you, Whitney, for making me look presentable again) and headed home to finish off the day with a dance party in my bedroom.

We had such a great time together. Harper really is my favorite person to spend time with and I'm so glad that she is feeling better. Our house wasn't the same while she was sick.


Hooray for haircuts! Harper and I are both looking a little more respectable now.


We spent the majority of yesterday at my in-laws' house, watching football (for Colt, who is a very happy 49ers fan today) and cooking (for me). My sisters-in-law, our friend Roxy, and I have been getting together on Sunday afternoons to try pinterest-inspired recipes together. We meet up, choose what we want to make, hit the grocery store, and then go back to my in-laws' to cook, drink, and laugh together. It's always really fun and I love that we are all committed to making "Wine and Dine" regular thing.

Yesterday, we decided to make appetizers. I chose to do black bean egg rolls, which turned out to be super tasty. The wine mix Calli made was also delightful. So were Kenzie and Roxy's homemade wantons.

Harper was done for after hours of running around Grandma's house.




1 comment:

  1. I love that you've been actually making things from Pinterest. I've been pushing myself to do that more and I've loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!