Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Currently


Loving: Harper (she has been sick with Strep for several days and has needed more than her usual quota of snuggles... thanks to our doctor and some antibiotics, she is starting to feel a bit better today) and Colt (it was our second anniversary yesterday... go us!). 
(wedding lunch at Porcupine)


Watching: The Wedding Band. Is anyone else loving this show (Saturday nights on TBS)?   

Reading: Great Expectations. A Tale of Two Cities left me wanting more Dickens. 
Thinking about: Lots of things- human nature vs. love, adoption, extended family, and how amazing my dad is, just to name a few.
Working on: My bucket list. I'm at the piano consistently and it's wonderful. I can feel dormant skills growing strong again and it's proving to be an excellent stress reliever. Harper and I have plans to visit The Natural History Museum this weekend. I'm reading and when the weather is a bit warmer, I'll be running, too. 2013, I love you.

Looking forward to: The upcoming weekend. With Harper being so sick, last weekend was sort of a bust. Hopefully we are all healthy enough for some big fun once Friday rolls around.

Instagraming:
A sick baby and a recent watercolor (now hanging on my office wall).

Scout at the doctor's office and some "get well soon" Spiderman treats for Harper.
It's interesting that Harper's obsession with Ariel has never been able to trump her love for Scout. Sometimes he gets brushed aside but when she is tired or sick, it's her Scout that Harper wants near her.

5 comments:

  1. I need to follow your example and get back to the piano. While my skills never compared to yours, I've lost nearly all of what I used to have. It makes me sad to look at music I used to play easily and realize I can't play it at all anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be surprised how quickly things come back. Start slowly by just playing hymns or other old favorites. Usually when I've had a few months away from the piano, I do a couple of weeks of hands alone only practice, just to get my fingers back into the swing of things.

      Delete
  2. I'm LOVING The Wedding Band...cracks me up every week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you hear that it was cancelled? I'm so bummed! It was just getting so good, too. I wish they'd had it at a better time so that more people would have been able to watch it.

      Delete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!