Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Real Photos for a Change

I have been a slacker with my camera lately and I'm feeling really sad about that. Instagram is just too quick and easy and my camera is always put away (out of sight, out of mind, you know?). I need to make a habit of keeping it out on my counter so that when big moments happen, I reach for it instead of my iPhone. I even took my camera to Vegas over the holiday, convinced that I'd come home with a card full of photographic gems. I failed at that, bringing only three (yes, three!) measly photos home.

Sometimes, I think that I subconsciously avoid my camera because I feel like I should know more about it at this point. I've had it a year and I'm still shooting almost always in automatic. I am a perfectionist and it's hard for me when I don't do something as well as I'd like. I have promised myself that, come the new year, I will take a photography class. Even after all that I have read about SLR photography, I still feel totally inadequate. I'm definitely a tactile learner and am certain that a good class will put me on the road to taking some solid shots in manual mode (hopefully!). 

Anyway, my iPhone was out of commission for a couple of days (it had an unfortunate run-in with the M&M Store floor last weekend, resulting in a trip to the iQue- our favorite spot for Apple repair) and, while I missed it a whole bunch (times 30921837), it was a nice excuse to use a real camera for a change.

My parents shamelessly spoil Harper.
They gave her a big Merida doll last weekend.
She came with an equally big Angus.
Harper was immediately in love.
The girl definitely inherited my love for horses.


We took her downtown for a little exploration.
We didn't stay long.
Downdown Vegas isn't really for me, especially when I have Harper with me.
There are too many grown up things that I'm not ready for her to see yet.

We did make a quick stop for some pink and purple M&M's.

Harper and her best friend had a play date yesterday.
They spent the morning/afternoon in their nightgowns, eating snacks and playing princesses.
No two girls ever loved princesses more than Harper and Paityn.
I think that, between the two of them, they keep the Disney Princess franchise in business.

Bride Princesses were another Thanksgiving surprise from Grandma "Pauyette" and Papa Jack.
Like we needed any more small princess figurines at this house.

Some days, Harper rocks bedhead from morning until night.
And I don't feel one bit of guilt about it.

I was so happy to come home to this little Grinch.
I missed her so much over the weekend.
She missed me, too.
I know this because she tried to kiss/bite my face off when we got home.

I don't really know when/how Harper got to be so grown up.
And I can't even talk about it right now without wanting to cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!