Thursday, August 16, 2012

Big Girl Gymnastics for Harper, Big Tears for Me

I had no idea that it would be so difficult to send Harper into her first big girl gymnastics class. I had no idea that, as she marched into the gym holding her teacher's hand, leaving me to sit and observe with the other parents, my heart would break and I would start crying in the middle of the waiting area. 

I always seem to underestimate how much emotion will come with these moments of change and therefore, I'm always unprepared. Had I known that watching her attend her first solo class would fill me with such an overwhelming amount of pride and heartache all at the same time and that I would be completely incapable of controlling my over-flowing tear ducts, I would probably have brought a tissue. 

2 comments:

  1. She will love it! I was in gymnastics for 10 years growing up and it seriously teaches you so much discipline and confidence. I loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was in a parent/child class last year and LOVED it. It was worth every penny to see her face when we'd pull up to the gym. I wasn't very active as a child because I was more focused on piano and school and I feel like I missed out. I want Harper to have the chance to be as fit and coordinated as possible!

      Delete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!