Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Special Day

May 23 is a special day around here.

It's Colt's birthday.

Today he is turning 27 (please keep any and all "cradle robbing" jokes to yourself, thanks).

In honor of this most special day, here are a few things that you may not know about Colty...

He's a twin (that means it's Calli's birthday today, too. Happy birthday, Calli! You are an amazing sister-in-law and one of my best friends).

Before he was a husband, father, production planner (Colt works at L-3 Communications and I'd love to tell you what he does exactly but the truth is... I don't know), Colt was a professional baseball player (a super sexy one).

Colt has more hobbies (hunting, fishing- bass, ice, fly, etc.-, golf, softball...) than anyone I know (the guy likes to be busy). The crazy thing about it is that he's really good at all of them (and not just according to him).

Colty has an especially soft spot in his heart for dogs. It's one of my favorite things about him.

My favorite physical feature about Colt is his hair. It's naturally curly and, when styled properly, is totally Dr. Derek Shepherdish (I love that Harper got this from him- love it).

Colt is a really big person (6'5, 240) and it's nearly impossible to find stylish clothing for him. I'd never stepped foot into the "big and tall" section before I met Colt (for obvious reasons) and I wish I'd never had to because the offerings are terrible. If you know of a stylish clothing line that caters to big people, let me know because I need more options when shopping for Colty (and then you'll be my hero forever and ever) and if you work for H&M, please start making pants/shirts/shorts/jackets for big boys.

Colt is addicted to a number of boring (to me, at least) shows. They include, but are not limited to, The Deadliest Catch, American Gun, Pawn Stars, and Wicked Tuna. I'd honestly rather watch Harper's TV shows than Colt's.

Colt is a junk food junkie. He loves chips, cookies, popcorn, Cheetos (the Jalapeno Cheddar ones are his favorite), beef jerky, candy, and pop. It's hard (nearly impossible, actually) to be healthy with him around. He's also a sushi fanatic. I can't forget beer, which is probably his favorite treat ever. Colty loves nothing more than an ice cold bev (his word, not mine). As a matter of fact, he called me about an hour ago to ask me to put more in the fridge (drinking on a work night is totally acceptable.. it's his birthday, after all).

Colt's favorite movie is Happy Gilmore.

Colt loves his truck (like as much- maybe more than- he loves me... Not really, I hope).

What else?

Colt is the strong/silent type. Sometimes (most times, actually), he's hard to be around because his lack of enthusiasm for chit chat can make him seem like a jerk (he's not really... he just doesn't like to talk)/ It's been an adjustment for me over the past few years (mainly because I never stop talking) but I know that he loves me and I love him. He has supported me through quite a lot and I'll never be able to thank him enough for it. He also loves his family (and with good cause, too). He's a good man and a hard worker and I love that he knows how to have a good time (Colty's drunken grin is probably my favorite thing ever). He totally doesn't read my blog but just in case (miracles never cease, you know)... Happy birthday, baby!
Colt is the one person I don't have a gazillion photos of.
I don't know why.
I'll have to make an effort to change that.





2 comments:

  1. Aw happy birthday to Colt! p.s. wait, who's the cradle robber? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why but reading this post made me happy. Maybe because through your words I can tell your happy, that you are in love. I love love stories! Thanks for sharing more about Colty....

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!