Monday, March 26, 2012

The Hunger Games! ! !

So... we saw The Hunger Games last Friday night. I loved it (loved it times a million) and already want to see it again. I have a huge crush on Jennifer Lawrence and felt like she was amazing in this roll. I know everyone is all about Gale/Peeta hotness. I'm not. I'm all about the Katniss hotness. Jennifer Lawrence is really powerful and so naturally beautiful and was just the perfect choice for Katniss.  I get chills every time I see the scene where she volunteers as tribute. I also love Lenny Kravitz as Cinna. Cinna is my favorite character and I'm still not over his death (like with Sirius and Hedwig, it's going to take time).

Anyway, we went to a private showing (an event to raise money/awareness for autism), complete with swag bags and prizes (I didn't win anything but Colty got lucky and came home with an aluminum water bottle... ha ha). It was really fun and I was glad to see it with my favorites  (Colty and my sisters-in-law). Harper stayed home with a babysitter and had the time of her life. When we walked in at 11:30, she was going strong, doing somersaults off the sofa and screaming at the top of her lungs. Our little sitter was perfect for her and she is now the only reason I'm sad to be moving to a new neighborhood (have I told you yet that we are moving to Sandy? I'm so excited!).

I wore a braid, of course.

Kenz and I made t-shirts.
I didn't follow directions so mine didn't work (I'll never be a DIYer).
It was supposed to say, "STAY ALIVE."


Don't be jeal of my chap stick swag.
I actually gave my bag to our sitter (also a HG fan).
She was really excited about it.

Sunnies from my swag bag.
They are much cuter on Harper than they are on me.
(See the last pic in this post.)


I told you so.





1 comment:

  1. Like I said, I was dying all weekend wondering what you thought of the show. Cinna's my favorite, too, and I love Kenz's shirt. I think all of the actors did a really great job - I didn't really see Woody Harrelson as Haymitch at first, but he was perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!