Monday, March 26, 2012

Hogle Zoo: Our First Visit of the Year

I love Hogle Zoo and think that our membership is some of the best money we spend. Yesterday we went for the first time this year. The weather was amazing and all of the animals were up and about. It was the perfect zoo day. Harper, who now old enough to actually appreciate the animals, had so much fun. It's nice to take her now that she is a bit older. Last year, the zoo was all about running around. This year, it's about seeing/talking about the animals. She stays close to us now, holding our hands and even occasionally riding in her stroller (last year, we chased her all over the zoo). As usual, she talked us into riding both the carousel (twice!) and the train.

Our zoo pass allows us to take two guests with us each time we visit. If you'd like to join us sometime this year, drop me an e-mail and we will set something up (hint hint Misty). There are several members-only days throughout the year and they are really great, too. Hogle zoo is even more amazing when it's not busy.





 Harper gets super excited every time she sees the "wound."






Isn't baby Zuri the cutest thing ever?
Watching her grow over the past few years has been a delight.
(She is just two months older than Harper.)




7 comments:

  1. What really? Oh we are so on! Maybe after you've moved and settled this summer - before Onion Days so that Melia and Harper will be fast friends when you're here in September. :) And you are rocking your camera lately, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. We really should try for a members-only day. Once I get our new membership calender, I'll let you know what they are and we can plan something. Yay! I'm so excited!

      Delete
  2. I took my littles to the zoo last week too (for my baby's bday). I thought the exact same thing when I saw Ethan talking to the animals and actually watching them. It made me realize that he's not a baby anymore. :( If we lived closer, we'd totally have a zoo pass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bittersweet and makes me wish for another little baby to love. Harper is so independent these days that she barely has time to give me a quick hug here and there. You're welcome to go with us anytime. With my job, we are only able to go on weekends or evenings when the zoo stays open late for members.
      Where do you guys live?

      Delete
    2. We are in Payson. Honestly, I never thought I'd grow up and move back here, but it's so nice to have my kids two blocks from my parents. When your life settles down a bit (after the big move, congrats!) we'll have to get together. Harper is absolutely adorable and I'm sure Ethan (my two-year-old) would fall in love with her! Only two and already a ladies man! ;)

      Delete
  3. Love these great pictures! NEw follower from the Wiegands. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome! I'm happy to have you. xoxo, Abby

      Delete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!