Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fancy Pants

Last Friday, Harper received a special package in the mail. Lorraine, a long time friend of my mother's and the director of Miss Nebo (remember how I told you I was going to be working with a local pageant?) sent Harps two darling tutu dresses. Harper was delighted with them and had to put one on right away and has been alternating between the two ever since.
The other dress is just like this but pink. Harper loves both of them but prefers the blue one. Can you guess why? (Hint: it reminds her of a certain favorite mermaid...)

At this point, there is no denying that Harper is a girly girl. I didn't push her to be this way (I make a point of not choosing Harper's likes/dislikes/fears/favorites for her) but I love it nonetheless. I'm on the girly side (just a bit, you know) myself and am tickled pink at Harper's love of everything that is frilly/pretty/pink/purple/fancy/poofy/princessy, even when she insists on stumbling around the house in my favorite Steve Madden cobalt heels. 

1 comment:

  1. The new tutu is quite the perfect Ariel getup. Isn't it crazy how these girls just have 'girl' in them? I'm amazed at how good of a mommy Melia is with her dolls, even though she's never really been around an actual baby. And I LOVE those heels.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!