Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Garbage Day Randomness

I realize that posts have been sporadic lately. I've been working through some thoughts and trying to write (really write) more. I love blogging but sometimes feel that my writing suffers because of it. It's easy to become a lazy writer when you blog. There are a lot of poorly written blogs out there that are surprisingly popular and it seems that the bar of excellence is quite low. I needed some time away to reevaluate what it means to me to write. I needed to challenge myself a bit and I needed privacy in order to do so.




I'm thinking of entering a writing contest. It's a scary thought but and exciting one, too. Back in the day, I won a few essay contests and I'd really like to see if my skills still measure up. 

(Yes, I realize that I ended a sentence about my writing skills with a preposition. Judge me. I deserve it.)

Anyhow, how about some randomness on this Wednesday afternoon?

~I'm obsessed (like times ten) with Maybelline Baby Lips. It's a new(ish) product and it's amazing: a little color, a little flavor, a little moisturizer, and a little shine all in one cute little tube. I think it will be a spring/summer favorite, for sure. I only have two colors (the nude and the red) but will definitely be trying more.
I'm loving glossy naked lips right now but color is still my preference. My favorite makeup product is and always will be lip stain. It's like dry shampoo. Nothing can compete with it. 

~Mad Men, Season 5 is so close (the premier is March 25) and I am ready for it (The Hunger Games and Mad Men in the same weekend? Gah. I'm excited). The wait has been far too long. Seriously, AMC, never again, okay? 

~Harper had a haircut over the weekend (thanks so much Whit!) and even though I didn't believe it possible, she looks even cuter than before. Go ahead and agree with me because I know you can't help it.
Fact: Harper loves the tub but hates being washed.
Our conversation today:
Harps: No wash! No wash!
Me: You need to be clean.
Harps: No!
Me: Do you want to be dirty and stinky?
Harps: Yes! Parper stinky.

~Hazelnut is in desperate need of a haircut herself. I just can't bring myself to call the groomer because right now, holding her is like holding a warm teddy bear, one that loves to snuggle.

That's about it, I guess.
Happy Garbage Day, my friends.








2 comments:

  1. Nudish lips and smoky eyes are as glamorous today as they were on the first Bond Girl in 1965.

    I don't blame you for not blogging as much, it's not easy staying relevant and having substance--I can't do it. As long as you post some cute pictures of Harper every once in a while you'll receive no judgement from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to try a lip stain for a while, do you have any recommendations? I'm definitely going to check out the baby lips when I get back to the States - that's totally right down my alley =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!