Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Recap

Harper went completely against her norm and slept in on Christmas morning. For me, it was pure torture as I was up and waiting for her around 6:30. Although it took every ounce of self control that I possess, I resisted the temptation to poke her awake. Like a good mother, I waited (camera in hand) patiently (sort of) for her to rise on her own. 

When she did wake up and come out, she was pretty quiet. She went straight for the new wand that was sticking out of her stocking. She was pretty shy as she looked through her sock (which had a wand, a toothbrush, new vitamins, bubble bath, a recorder, and some candy in it). Once she got to her presents, though, her sheepishness wore off and she was all hyped up and excited about Christmas. Santa brought Harper a little kitchen (when we move, she is getting a Pottery Barn kitchen but this one will entertain her until then), some dress-up dresses, princess figurines, play food, a tea set, a crown, a hairstyling kit, and some books. She loved everything and even asked for, "3 more presents?"when we were all finished. 

Her favorite presents were the princess figurines (told you so) and a set of velcro fruits and veggies that she can cut in half. She's been impressing everyone with her cutting skills since.

After breakfast, we got ready and headed to my in-law's for more presents (I've lost count of how many presents Harper opened this holiday season and truthfully, I'm glad... the total is probably a bit scary). We exchanged gifts with Calli, Kenzie, Cody, and Colt's parents. Everyone was aptly spoiled, even me. I got a new iPhone (good thing, too, since my 3GS was on its very last leg), Pureology, and a Kate Spade iPhone case (which is, in my opinion, the cutest case ever... see photos below). Colt's mom also treats each of us to a giant (literally) stocking of goodies (socks, pajamas, car stuff, Starbucks gift cards, house stuff, chap stick, and gum).

Colt's parents also made sure that Harper was well taken care of with lots of new clothes, a portable DVD player, and a set of princess shoes, which she absolutely loves. 

From Colt's parents house, we went to the Adams Family Christmas party. Colt's aunt and uncle have a lovely home (that I'm just a bit jeal of, by the way) in Millcreek and they are always wonderful hosts. His Aunt Jill makes the best artichoke dip I've ever had and I'm pretty sure I hate half of it by myself this year. We had appetizers, dinner, and another round of present opening. 

By the time we left for home, we were all tired (holidays really are exhausting aren't they?) and ready for bed. We were also thankful for such a wonderful Christmas with our family. Colt, Harper, and I... we are so blessed- so very blessed.  






Now both of my sis-in-laws have iPads. I'm a little jeal.

If I had my way, Harper would wear this sweater daily. It's so cute!
This is Harper's "you don't know it but I'm looking at you right now" face.
Great Grandma Adams gave her The Lion King. Harper was so excited. She kept yelling, "King! King!"
See? Total cuteness.
This pile- the whole thing- was for Harper.


In the Adams family, we have a word for food like this... "scrum-diddly- do-da-day."
Sleepyheads, obviously.


I'm going to take my Christmas decorations down today and pack Harper's Christmas toys/books away for the year. Tomorrow, Colt and I are heading to Park City for some New Years Eve fun (I'm so excited). I have one more 2011 post planned and it should be a good one. It's all about my favorite things/people/moments from the past year. 

Looking back, 2011 has been a pretty good year for us. When I think of how blessed I am, I am humbled. Life is not perfect but it's good. Life is beautiful and wonderful and exciting. Everyday (even the difficult ones) brings us a new opportunity to love and learn. 

I have high hopes, and a new theme, for 2012 and I can't wait to share it with you. 

Much love, my friends. Much love.

2 comments:

  1. great photo's! your daughter is darling! i love the pic where she is yelling "king king"! TOO cute! Great blog :) I'd love to follow each other, if you're in! Have a great day.

    xo, Vanessa (the gal)

    http://fashiongalfireman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!