Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve

In many ways, I like Christmas Eve almost more than I like Christmas Day. There is just something so magical about Christmas Eve- I love spending time with family and the excitement and anticipation always gets me and I can't help relishing in the wonder of the season. This year was especially exciting with Harper and all. I couldn't wait to go home and help Santa get things ready for her.

We celebrated Christmas Eve at Colt's mom's house. Colt's extended family was there and we had a great time with everyone (thanks to my creative mother-in-law, who went above and beyond to make sure that we had a fun party).

We sprinkled reindeer food, had an ugly sweater contest (I didn't participate), and exchanged white elephant gifts. We also played games, ate dinner, and opened presents (Colt's Grandparents spoiled me with a Barnes & Noble gift card... which I've already emptied, by the way).

We even had a little visit from Santa. St. Nick is still not Harper's favorite person- the poor girl wouldn't go near him and had nightmares all night long. He gave each child a present (Harper received a little set of Polly Pocket dolls), sat on Colt's lap (in an effort to cheer Harps up), and helped us sing Happy Birthday to Colt's Grandma Sharron, who turned 71 that day.













3 comments:

  1. I have to find a Santa beard like that for my father in-law, his was so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comment. It looks like you had a lot of fun! Santa Claus looks so real. I love ugly sweater contest :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!