Monday, November 28, 2011

The Beauty Aisle: I'm Thankful For...

This post is a little bit late, I know. Thanksgiving weekend was so busy and fun that I didn't even touch a computer (isn't that wonderful?). I spent the entire weekend (minus one rabbit hunting expedition- for Colt- and a couple of naps- for me) with Colty and it was wonderful. We visited with friends and family alike and couldn't have asked for a better holiday.  

Anyway, here are some products that I'm thankful for right now...
1.2.

3.4.


5.6.

1. Pureology Shinemax: This serum is my favorite post-shampoo product. I use it every single time I wash my hair. It cuts back on breakage and fly-aways and keeps hair shiny, even after heated styling. 

2. Yes To Carrots Hand Cream: This is probably my favorite hand cream ever. It is really moisturizing and doesn't have a very strong smell, which is good for me (I'm not a big scent person- I prefer to smell clean). My favorite thing about this hand cream is that it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a greasy feeling like so many other hand creams/body butters. I love it and I keep a tube of it with me at all times.

3. Nivea Skin Firming Moisturizer with Q10: I love this stuff. I've used it for years and it is my favorite body lotion, hands down. 

4. Dove Gentle Exfoliating Bar Soap: This has been a nice change from my regular Dove. I love the way it smells and think that the little exfoliating beads feel really nice, especially since it's winter and my skin is a little on the dry side. 

5. Rockaholic Dirty Little Secret from TIGI: This dry shampoo is a little bit heavier than Batiste. I love it, though, especially as a texturizer. It's really gritty and works as sort of a pre-style hair spray. When I use Dirty Little Secret, my curls/waves stay in much better. 

6. Neutrogena Moisture Shine Lip Gloss: I love this stuff. I'm really into dramatic eyes right now and so I've sort of put my lipsticks/lip stains aside. These lip glosses (I have three colors) are great for understated lips. 

I'm also really obsessed with leg warmers right now. They provide the perfect amount of comfort and warmth (especially for me- I hate socks). I've been wearing them with leggings, tights, and even bare legs. I just love how cozy they are. 
[photo via pinterest]

What products are you most thankful for?
Do you have any fun products on your Christmas list this year?

1 comment:

  1. I totally love leg warmers, and that pic is sweet, I need to do that. I started wearing them before they were cool again because I hate being cold! so I had to buy some from China, lol. I'm intrigued by your blog, I will be back! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!