Thursday, October 20, 2011

Adorable Daughter/Happy Husband

I think that Harper might also have a little old lady that lives in her soul.

I'm pretty sure that only a little old lady would wear this outfit (which Harper chose, just so you know... the only thing I decided upon was the mermaid braid) to the library.
 When it comes to personal style, Harper is a girl that knows what she likes. She has found what works for her (skirts, character shirts, dresses, and mary janes) and is sticking with it. Harper's style is what I'd call "comfy princess." She likes her clothing to be comfortable (therefore, no jeans or anything overly restrictive) and she likes it to be twirly. The dress above is especially twirly and Harper loves it. It's a summer dress but we are making it work for fall by pairing it with cardigans and leggings.

So, my parents are coming today and that's awesome. I can't wait to see them and even more, I can't wait to see Harper see them. She gets so excited and runs all over the house showing off and acting a fool and it's just adorable. Really though, everything Harper does is adorable.

In other news, I have the happiest husband in the world right now. Colt bought a new truck this week (he's picking it up next week) and he is seriously like a kid at Christmas (can't sleep, can't stop talking about his new toy, thinks his new toy is better than all of the other new toys, etc.). We sold his Tacoma yesterday afternoon and it was a little bit sad because after all, we (Colt, Hazel, and I) had our first date in that truck.
In Harper's words, "bye bye truck."

Harps is actually saying all sorts of sentences lately. I'm usually the only person who knows what/whom she is talking about but that's okay. Actually, if I'm honest, I like it that way. For now, at least, I'm still Harper's favorite. She's my favorite, too.

"If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember.
You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
But the most important thing is... even if we're apart... I'll always be with you."
-A.A. Milne



2 comments:

  1. Harper looks so old in those pics. Probably because she is. :) Gosh it seems like just yesterday we did her newborn pics. I'm obviously late but Happy Birthday Harper! LOVE that poem. It made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's so stinking cute! little old lady is cool.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!