Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The One in Which I Answer My Own Questions

Someone asked if I would respond to the guest post questions myself. Here goes...

A Philosophy- WE ALWAYS HAVE A CHOICE. Nearly everything in life is a choice, especially when it comes to our own state of mind. We can choose to be happy or we can choose to be sad. We have the choice between a good day and a bad one. While we may not be able to control outside events, we always have a say in how we react to them. We can greet each day- each changing moment- with a smile or with a frown. It's up to us. Diligent Joy isn't easy but it's a choice worth making. It's nice to know that I have control over my emotional and physical state, regardless of outside people/circumstances.

A Heroine- Ellen Degeneres, because she is brave, funny, and unwilling to be anyone but herself. And even though she killed Hedwig, I love JK Rowling.

A Dream- To write for money. (Ad space on my blog doesn't count.)

A Commitment- My family- Colt, Harper, Hazel, Tucker... I'm committed to them, heart and soul. I saw a wall hanging (I'm not normally a quotes-on-the-wall kind of girl but I almost bought this one and might go back for it) at Kneader's the other day that sums up how I feel about my little family: "Find something that you'd die for and live for it." Right now, amidst the chaos of puppies, potty training, and being a newlywed, I'm living for these two.
Colt and Harper leaving Squatters last Sunday

A Love- Learning. Raphael said "To know is to equal." I truly love to learn. Some people craft. Some people cook. Some people play golf. I learn. I'm trying to cram as much information into my head as I can before I become old and senile.

A Quote- "Choosing doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportion" from The Life of Pi by Yann Martel (a favorite book of mine and one that I almost always suggest before anything else).

A Favorite- Liquid fabric softener (most preferably Lavender-Vanilla Downy): It can be more of a hassle than dryer sheets but it's worth it. I love the way it makes our laundry smell. I'm not a big perfume person. I like to smell clean, like soap, lotion, and fabric softener.

So there you have it.

It's going to be a good week around here as we try to soak up as much summer as we possibly can.

Harper is having her photos taken with Rush Photography tonight and I'm so excited about both her outfit and the location we chose (stay tuned for some serious cuteness). We've also got a trip to Tuacahn and another staycation in PC with our friends this week. There will be plenty of walks, swims, playground visits, and ice cream runs as well, I'm sure.

Could summer just never end?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!