Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Harper and I are together everyday and so it's to be assumed that she is constantly learning from me and my undeniable awesomeness. 

Obviously, I'm an excellent example because Harper has already learned how important it is to leave the house in style. To be more specific, she has learned...
  • To never leave the house without a purse full of junk you will probably not need (for me, band aids, an umbrella, and travel deodorant... for Harper, an Ariel doll, a book, and empty gift cards).
  • That a yummy drink makes for an excellent accessory (I nearly always have a drink of some sort). It works for the Olsen twins and their Starbucks cups (which, I think, might be glued to their hands) and it works for Harper and her sippy cup. 
  • That socks are completely uncomfortable and totally optional.
  • That cute shoes are an absolute necessity. Flip flops are not considered a proper form of footwear at our house (unless we are going to the pool). We prefer converse sneakers and ballet flats around here.
  • That, if you're cute enough, you can pair a t-shirt with a fancy skirt and pull it off. Harper  rocks the casual-girly look almost every day (a style that she totally ripped off from me, by the way). 

2 comments:

  1. love it. that picture is too precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha those are great life lessons to learn from your mama! And of course you are invited to come to Japan! I love love love having people visit!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!