Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Beauty Aisle: Convertible Hair and Travel Products

We took one of my mother-in-law's cars to Park City last Saturday. Colt didn't tell me that this was his plan until we arrived at their house. I was totally unprepared for a convertible ride through Parley's Canyon. When we pulled up to our hotel, my hair was a tangled mess. I didn't have time to comb it out so I just rocked convertible hair all night long. No big deal.


Luckily, I still had Harper's stuff in my bag (I didn't really unpack between St. George and Park City). I'm obsessed with her Suave Twirlin' Strawberry Detangler ( which is only $3, by the way). 

It smells delish and I use it on her everyday before I comb her hair. I often use it on my wet hair, too (I have my own detangler but hers smells way better). I have even used it on Hazelnut- it's perfect for getting the snarls out of her top knot and it makes her smell good in between baths. 

On Sunday morning, this stuff saved my life. I had no shampoo with me and only a few minutes to get ready before checking out. I sprayed this all over my hair (it's so cheap that I don't even worry about using too much) and combed out my convertible tangles with little effort. Thankfully, I was smart enough to keep an elastic with me for the ride home. 

Go ahead and judge me but I don't like convertibles. Maybe they are awesome and fancy for some people but for me, they are loud and windy (AND they tangle your hair). 

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite on-the-road products (I'm not really a light packer and have a hard time going without any of my favorites so I LOVE anything that comes in a travel size)...
Pureology comes in travel sizes. This is awesome because when I go to Vegas, I try to avoid checking a bag. These 2 oz. bottles meet carry-on regulations (if you don't already know, everything you carry on a plane has to be 3.4 ounces or less).

Hotel soap is yucky. Dove soap is not. 

Body splashes are perfect for freshening up after a long flight, drive, or day tour. I spray them all over my hair and clothes and it feels like I've had a mini shower. You can find a variety of travel size body sprays at Bath and Body Works ($5 each or 3 for $10). 

I'm really lazy about washing my face, especially when I'm on vacation. Hotel wash cloths feel like sandpaper and hotel water always seems to make my skin dry. Thus, I'm obsessed with Garnier's detoxifying wipes (around $5 for 25) because they take off mascara and make my face feel amazing. They are pre-moistened, so you don't even need to wait your turn for the sink in order to use them. 





2 comments:

  1. I agree. I am not a fan of convertibles as well. I always find myself thinking, "why is this fun?" Car rides are for chatting and listening to music. Both are hard to do in convertibles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a roommate in college who would go days w/o showering and would take body spray "showers"-it was a little gross. I do agree it helps when you need a pick me up.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!