Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Maybe She is Going to Be an Artist?

 Harper has become quite the little colorer lately. She spends hours (literally) coloring everyday. She colors with crayons, pens, twistables, and anything else she can swipe from our kitchen drawer. She is certainly the only girl I know that has to color in two coloring books, a notebook, a stack of post-its, and a journal open all at once. 

     


"Woh!" she said after spilling (aka purposefully dumping) the entire box of crayons. 

So now I'm in search of fun coloring/art activities for Harper. I'm going to try and find a white board easel on KSL and I'd also like to pick up some of those window markers (because it's not like my sliding glass door is ever clean for more than five minutes anyway). 

I'm also going to be really brave and let Harper finger paint- outside and in nothing but a diaper. I know that this is a legitimate toddler activity. The neighborhood boy did it last Saturday. There was a little green two year old running around our lawn in his Huggies. I'm not kidding, and it was adorable. 

 Do you have any suggestions for toddler crafts/art projects? What are your favorite (and preferably washable) kiddie art supplies? 

2 comments:

  1. Decorating Cookies is always good. Homemade playdough is a fun one, and you can make it out of all kinds of fun things that smell and taste good. My Grandma Beth used to let us make bread men. She had a flannel board too, and she would cut out paper dolls and things that would stick to it. I'm going to make one for nursery, I haven't seen one for a really long time. Sock puppets are always a hit with the 3 and under crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be where Bryn is getting it.. she has been coloring at home. She drew on the washer and dryer as she walked by it, thankfully, they are washable markers.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!