Wednesday, March 30, 2011

We are Just Waiting on the Weather

I'm so happy that spring is here. I love the transition to warm weather and all that comes with it- sandals, summer dresses, tank tops, soft ball, (no I don't play... but if I tried, it would be a seriously entertaining time for anyone watching... I love softball because it's catch-up time for me and the other lady spectators...) and long walks with the Hazelnut.

This spring/summer will bring some newer delights as well- playground visits with Harper, running with Tucker, trips to Hogle Zoo and Liberty Park, pool time, the splash park, and so many more sunshiny activities with my little family. I'm so excited.

I feel like we had the longest winter ever. I am so tired of wearing socks and jackets and would be perfectly happy if winter never came around again. I truly dislike winter. I don't love snow and I don't need a white Christmas. Maybe I'm living in the wrong state?

I love spring and I love spring clothing. I swoon over light fabrics, brighter colors, sun dresses, pretty skirts, girly shorts, and funky t-shirts.

I even enjoy food more in the warmer seasons. How delicious is the smell of grilling food (even if it's not your own)? Oh, and I really love fresh summer vegetables. There are times when all I need for a satisfying summer dinner is a sliced tomato. Yum.

My mouth is watering and my new clothes are waiting. Harper is more than ready to spend every moment outside. Hazel and Tucker are tired of walking in the snow (they didn't tell me so but I just know it's true). All we need now is some warm weather and seriously, it can't come soon enough. 

By the way, Are you a fan of The Barrel? If so, you are awesome. If not, then jump on the awesome train and become a fan! The Barrel has a brand new site. It's prettier and better than ever. 


Become a subscriber and remember to never miss my monthly article on personal style. (If you already were one, you have to resubscribe to the new site... It will be worth it, I promise.) Follow The Barrel of Blogs on Twitter. Follow it on Facebook. Enter the giveaways. Learn how to be fashionable, learn how to be a good photographer, learn how to cook, learn how to be awesome.

1 comment:

Leave me a comment. I love comments!