Monday, March 28, 2011

Hello Friends

Unlike the majority, I don't dread Monday's arrival each week. I like Mondays. Perhaps that is because I love my job. Many people have told me I'm crazy for running a daycare but I love it. There is nothing else I'd rather do than eat cereal, dance, sing songs, and read stories all day. It's perfect- for me and for Harper.

Anyway, I DID have some really quite adorable photos to share this morning but am now experiencing some macbook issues. If anyone can help me with my USB Over Current issue, they will be my favorite person ever (well, right after Colt and Harper at least). I'm going to just give in and get a card reader I guess. Until then, here is a summation of my weekend...

Friday-

  • I was sick with food poisoning (not pretty... seriously not pretty).
  • I watched half of Death Race 2 (Colt's choice, if you couldn't tell) before falling asleep. No worries, Colt summarized the rest of it for me and I don't think I missed much. I am going to sound like a parent here (I really have always felt this way) but I really dislike violence in any form. 

Saturday-

  • I was still sort of sick and didn't get ready until afternoon. 
  • We experienced our first trip to Costco, which without Colt, would have given me an anxiety attack, I'm sure. I humiliated Colt on several occasions by taking photos. 200 diapers, 1000 wipes, and 32 jumbo-sized toilet paper rolls made up our first Costco purchase. Wow. I never saw this day coming. 
  • I started feeling better so I made M&M cookies... again. Yum. I just love cookies
  • My friend Niki and my twin-sister-in-law Calli came over to enjoy 3 bottles of wine with me (when you go to Costco on a Saturday, you NEED 3 bottles of wine to just to recover). I entertained my guests by trying to imitate Harper's dancing. Inevitably, I stumbled right into the fridge, proving yet again that I'm in no way a coordinated gal. 

Sunday-

  • We grabbed lunch Red Robin with our friends. Thanks Niki for not letting on to how grossed out you must have been by Harper's macaroni eating habits and thanks for sharing your fruit with her. She loves you.
  • A visit from Colt's parents (who brought Harper 5 outfits, new shoes, and 2 jammies just for fun, by the way... spoiled girl!).
  • A nice walk with Harper and Colt. Harper sang the whole time she was riding in her stroller. I loved it and couldn't resist singing along, despite what was probably immense embarrassment on Colt's part. Just kidding. He actually joined in, too. Poor Tucker had to walk around with the three of us as we sang Itsy Bitsy Spider and Mary Had a Little Lamb. 
Last night, Harper and I finished off the weekend with a dance party in our pajamas. We shook it to Jason Mraz and Five for Fighting. It was awesome. Harper's moves were, as usual, much better than mine. 

How was your weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!