Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A New Year... A New Project

I've had a blog project stewing in my brain for some time. I wanted to introduce it at the beginning of January but was just too busy. Anyway, even though I'm two weeks late, I'm really excited about this. It's going to be a lot of fun.

This is where I live:
Salt Lake City is beautiful, clean, and fun (and yes, our mountains are breathtaking). At least it used to be fun. Before Harper came along, I felt like a real part of Salt Lake City. I enjoyed local shopping, dining, coffee, parks, and entertainment. I was always busy going somewhere and trying new things. Since becoming a mom, my enjoyment of the city has become dormant. With my new project, I plan to change that. Every Saturday during 2011, Harper and I (and maybe Colt, Hazel, or Tucker) are going to try a new place together in the Salt Lake valley. Nothing is off limits. We can try restaurants, parks, festivals, museums, bakeries, stores, or any other sort of spot that suits our fancy. Some of them will be places that I used to enjoy that I want to share with Harper. Others will be new for both of us. I'm calling this project Salt Lake City Saturday. I plan on taking my camera and sharing our experiences with you each week. Are you excited? I sure am!

I realize that we are three Saturdays behind. I promise we will make up for them this weekend. I've started a list of places for Harper and I to visit this year (The Aquarium, Trolley Square, The Farmer's Market, The Pride Festival, Discovery at Gateway, 9th and 9th, Temple Square, Liberty Park, Spoon Me, etc) . If you have suggestions, let me know. In our SLC exploration, we are open to anything. If you want to join us, let me know. We would love company!

3 comments:

  1. I am actually super excited for you to do this!! I am SO SO SO BORING to since I have became a mommy. I am always trying to think of stuff to do and can't. So now all I have to do is come read your blog for ideas! So please share them all even if it was the littlest tiniest place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be up for going to an exhibit at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!