Monday, January 24, 2011

How We Spent This Monday Evening

So we used some of our wedding money to buy a television stand. I've been needing one for months but haven't  wanted to buy something outrageously big or pricey because we will be moving soon. With a handful of Target gift cards, I couldn't hold off any longer. I ordered a simple black stand from their website. It is really generic, so once we have a house it will easily morph into a nice hall or entryway piece.  It came today and lucky Colt got the four hour task of putting it together. It looks great. I'd post pics but I don't feel right about it yet. It came with plain black metal knobs. BORING. The stand is begging and pleading with me to give it something a little more fun. I'm loving both of these beauties from anthropologie.
 

Before I order, I'm going to head over to the Millcreek area and see if Silverstar has anything. I'm slipping it in to the Salt Lake City Saturday list of adventures for Harper and me. (By the way, I'm getting the first post together... I promise!)

ANYWAY, my point with all of the television cabinet babble is that whilst Colt was putting it together, I had to keep Harper out of his way. This wasn't easy, especially after she saw the piles of screws/bolts. Her eyes went so wide as she said "ooo." She was dying to dive into them, I just know it. I did pretty well entertaining her, though. We played in her room and in her bathroom. We had snacks (basically, she "fed" me yogurt). We read stories. She played in her crib. We sang. We danced. We did shoulder rides. I took some photos and before I knew it, Harper was exhausted. She went to bed and I joined Colt and made a pretty solid attempt to at least pretend I was helping him. 

Harper played with Baby Olive
(I took the liberty of naming her Christmas toy
I'm obsessed with the name Olive. 
If I got a puppy tomorrow, I'd name it Olive.
Don't worry. We aren't getting a puppy.
We already have one. Remember Tucker?
Well, he is ENORMOUS now.
I'll post a pic when I can.)

This is how Harp signs "I love you."

Here she is signing "baby."
CUTEST THING EVER.

I'm so funny
At least Harper thinks so.

See those little baby curls?
They are so cute. Seriously. I'm never cutting them.

Harper loves to ride on my back or shoulders.
I love Harper.

So there you have it. Now you don't have to wonder how we spent our Monday evening. 

2 comments:

  1. Now that it took me 17 years to figure out how to actually leave a comment! i love all these pics! my niece is too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To start off harper is gorgeous! I love her curls:) Second of all I am so sorry we missed your reception. You looked absolutely stunning!I need to swing your gift by your in laws! I am a slacker. Hope all is well with you guys and I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!