Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Post-Bookstore Incident Update

I was so upset about last night's Barnes & Noble incident- like really upset. I even cried. It wasn't so much that I was mad at Harper. I wasn't. I was just mad at the whole situation and the various factors that brought such a nightmare about. I truly hate to be angry/stressed/frustrated. It always makes me feel like I've failed at controlling my thoughts and emotions, which should be a simple task. We all know that it isn't. The world is crazy busy and there is so much for everyone to do that it is so easy for negativity to overtake us. Once it does, we basically surrender our thoughts, and therefore our emotions, to anything and everything negative and hateful. This almost happened to me last night but I pulled it together and maintained control of my thoughts. I tucked Harper in and spent the rest of the evening reading (The Amber Spyglass is AMAZING!). By the time I went to bed, I'd kicked my anger right out the mental door. I was humbled to once again be reminded that my goal is Diligent Joy and that such a goal includes being positive even after a humiliating and unsuccessful shopping trip.

I'm feeling better today. I'm not quite ready to try again, however, so I just turned on the computer and ordered everything I wanted from Barnesandnoble.com. It was amazing and easy and I got free shipping because I spent over $25. Nobody hit me or yelled at me and no precious doggies were lost. Today I am so, so, so grateful for online shopping.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone talks about the terrible twos, but I think it's really the year between one and two that's the hardest. Every parent has those moments.

    The internet was definitely invented for moms of toddlers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!