Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

Having a child really does make Christmas magical.
 I could never receive a present again and I'd be perfectly satisfied 
as long as I could still see Harper open presents. 

We spent Christmas Eve with the Rushtons (Colt's moms' family).
My camera died only 5 minutes in, so this is the only photo I took.
Doesn't Harper look cute? She spent the evening dancing and climbing the stairs.
She danced until she threw up.... literally.
I got a seriously cute video of her party moves. I'll try to post it today.
Grandma Rushton gave her My Little Ponies and a book.

After the Christmas Eve party, Harper was exhausted.
Colt and I stuffed wedding invitations and waited for Santa to arrive.
He definitely came and he left wonderful surprises for Harper, Hazel, and Tucker.

Christmas morning was crazy.
Harper had a diarrhea blowout when she woke up.
Yay.
Seeing what Santa left was delayed while we got her cleaned up 
and started the laundry. That Harper is always full of surprises.
We didn't even bother to comb her hair before letting her see her presents.
Harper can get some crazy bed head.
Anyway, she was pretty surprised...

She picked up her bath crayons right away.
She looked at them for quite a long time.
I think she felt overwhelmed.
I'm sure my squeals of delight had NOTHING to do with that.


Then she wanted to watch one of her new movies.

Baby MacDonald can obviously get pretty intense.

Hazel was more than happy with her stocking full of treats!

After the movie, Harper played with her new doll.



 After we got ready, Harper, Colt, and I headed to his parents' house.
There all three of us were spoiled.
Colt's mom still makes stockings for her kids.
Lucky me got one too (she is just nice like that).
It was full of goodies, lotion, candles, and jewelry.
I also got a Barnes & Noble gift card and a pink kitchenaid blender. 
It matches my pink mixer perfectly!

Grandma Carrie and Grandpa Doug gave Harper clothes, books, movies, and a car!

She loved her car and took a spin around the house right away.



Then we were off to Colt's Uncle Roger's for the Adams family party.

Great Grandma/Grandpa Adams gave Harper a little riding toy.
You can see here that by this time, Harper understood all about present opening.
She didn't even wait her turn before diving right in.

She loved it!
Look how SLEEPY she is in this photo.
Christmas weekend was rough on her.

Well, that's it folks.
We had a wonderful Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!