Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Christmas Eve!

Happy Christmas Eve everybody! I actually love today more than I love Christmas. I love the magical feeling that is in the air, which I am sure is a direct result of a world of children buzzing with anticipation for Santa Claus to come. Even as a child, I liked the 24th better. I love having something to look forward to.

We have got a busy weekend ahead of us. That is how it is with two sets of parents and two sets of grandparents. It's going to be really great and I'm excited. Mostly, I can't wait for Harper to wake up tomorrow and see what Santa left for her. I may not even be able to sleep tonight- that is how excited I am. Seriously, I feel like a six year old.


So, last night, Colt and I went on a little date. We dropped Harper at Grandma's house and headed to dinner and the lights downtown (Temple Square at Christmastime is one of the perks when you reside in Utah). We doubled up with our cute friends Niki and Tyson and together the four of us enjoyed dinner, drinks, laughs, and Christmas lights. It was the perfect way to begin this holiday weekend and it was really nice to have some Colt/Abby time (which doesn't happen nearly often enough).


Porcupine Grill- another Utah perk!

And yes, I was wearing heels.

Our favorite doubling couple.
Niki is the cutest.

Still wearing heels....

Niki is the smallest person I know and I'm even shorter than her.
Even when I wear heels...

Aren't we cute?
We are getting married three weeks from today!

Before I take off for three days of Christmas fun, I have one more thing to say. Today is my niece Crystal's birthday. I still remember waking up on Christmas morning when I was in third grade and having my mom tell me that my baby niece had been born the night before. I was so excited. She was by far the best present we ever got for Christmas and today she is 19 (yes, 19- which makes me officially OLD). Happy birthday to my beautiful, fashionable, sweet niece! LOVE YOU GIRL.

Crystal and Harper at the zoo last July.

And now let me wish you a wonderful weekend.
Thank you for letting me share my life with you.
Merry Christmas!
Be safe. Be warm. Be joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!