Monday, November 22, 2010

Things Worth Mentioning

Happy Thanksgiving week, my bloggy friends. I love this week (yes, Vegetarians love Thanksgiving. It's not always about the turkey), especially since it ends with a long weekend. Colt is especially excited because he will be ice fishing for the first time this season. He's been talking about ice fishing since August.

We are having Thanksgiving with Colt's family this year. It's going to be really fun. I will miss my parents terrible, though. Hopefully we will celebrate with them next year. I'm actually contemplating hosting Thanksgiving in 2011. That is a terrifying thought for me but I think that with my mom's help, I could do it and I'm pretty sure my family will love me, even if the turkey is dry.

I have so much to be thankful for. As always my blessings are countless- a healthy body, books, a working mind, music, yoga, family, friends, chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, coffee, Diet Coke, shoes, clothes, makeup, mexican food, and indoor plumbing. I could go on an on. My heart is full and my cup really is spilling over with love and joy. A lot of my facebook friends have been posting something they are grateful for every day. I could list something daily for a year and still wouldn't be close to covering all of those things that make my life completely amazing.

There are a few things that can't go unmentioned. They are the biggest, most wonderful parts of my life. They are what I am most thankful for, not just on designated days, but every single moment of every day.

Mr. and Mrs. Lomento
I love my parents and would be one great big mess if not for them.
Here they are meeting Harper for the first time.

Miss Harper Jane Adams
I think everyone knows how I feel about this girl.

Miss Hazelnut Valentine
Hazel is my constant companion and foot warmer.
She is the princess in this house and we love her.

Miss Zowie Adams
She isn't my dog, but we were roommates for a year.
I'm head over heels for her cuteness.
This is her when she came to stay with us.
She is 12 years old, which makes her an old lady in dog years.
That's probably why she came with an old lady bag.

Tucker Red Wild 
Are you surprised that he made the list?
So am I.
Even though he ruined my carpet, my bedspread, and Harper's favorite blanket, I love Tucker.
 Mostly, I love how happy he makes Colt. They are pals, for sure.
I also love that he has traded puppy bites for puppy kisses.

Last, but certainly not least, I'm thankful for Mr. Adams.
I don't know why but this is my favorite photo of him.
He is really the person who completes me best.
I can't wait to marry him in January.

Don't worry, I cried while posting these photos.
Isn't being grateful wonderful?
Happy Thanksgiving Week.
I hope that your lives are as blessed as mine.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post. I know why you would cry while writing this post because I would do the same thing. It's the people (and pets) that make us complete.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!