Thursday, November 25, 2010

And the List Goes On

Mountains
The Life of Pi
Rent
Lip stain
Liberty Park
Sugarhouse Park
Parks in general
Snuggly blankets
Candles
Tootsie Rolls
Love Actually
Popcorn
Red nail polish (today's color)
Elizabeth Gilbert
Footie Pajamas (for Harper, not me)
My pink Kitchenaid mixer
Fancy Nancy
Repainted Furniture
Havianas
Throw pillows
Clean sheets
Clorox Wipes
Pumpkins
Nap time (Harper's, not mine)
Chips and salsa
Wheat Thins
Peanut butter
Rachmaninoff
Josh Groban (yes, I'm that sappy)
Black beans
The dictionary
Anthropologie
The Food Network
Free People Clothing
Blank journals
School supplies
Petco
Flowers
Trees
Brass Plum
and Pringles


Material favorites aside, I'm so grateful for my life, my family, my friends, and my dogs. Sometimes I get caught up in self-pity and start feeling sorry for myself and then the gratitude disappears from my heart. It is when I forget to be grateful that anger sneaks in and tries to take over. Anger leads to hatred and hatred, in every form, is something I'm trying to stay away from. 

Luckily, it never takes me long to remember how very blessed I am. I'm sorry for any complaining I do on here. I, like everyone else, try my best. I'm trying to weave positivity into every aspect of my life. I'm trying to practice diligent joy, even when it's difficult. I'm grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow and I'm even more grateful for the amazing family and friends who offer me grace and patience as I do so.

Happy Thanksgiving Day, 2010.
How are you celebrating?
I've made my blueberry banana cheesecake.
I've painted my nails and cleaned my house.
Now it's time to relax and be grateful.
I will be spending the rest of the day with my two favorite people.

Here they are on Thanksgiving Day last year.
Colt hasn't changed much.
Harper has. Just look at the next photo. 



Harper is ready to enjoy her first Thanksgiving feast today.
She's going to love it.
Hazel is ready, too. She knows I'll sneak some turkey home for her.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you make lists. I am a list girl myself.
    It is crazy how much they change in 1 year. Luke was 4 days old last year.
    I celebrated my making chocolate pie and painting my toes too! Pink sparkles.
    Now just waiting for the feast to start.
    happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!