Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Spring!

April 23, 2010
Harper and I are loving spring... for many reasons, the first being that we both get to sport our new spring clothes. She looks fabulous in her sun dresses and shorts and is more than happy to go sockless almost every day. I don't about looking fabulous myself but I do love turning coats and sweaters in for skirts and tank tops. Yeah, yeah...sunshine, blossoming trees, and the other warm weather delights that come with spring are nice too. We've been spending as much time as possible outside the past few weeks. We enjoy a long walk with Hazel every morning and usually spend each afternoon outside playing with Theo. I normally bring a blanket along for Harper, but on the day pictured below, I didn't have one. She hated sitting on the grass and kept making faces to let me know how un-comfortable she was!
Miss Harper doesn't like the grass!
Last Saturday, we went to a baby shower where Harper got to play with one of her baby friends. Oakley is 2 months older than Harper and is absolutely adorable! I made them sit together for a few photos.
Baby feet! Harper is in pink and Oakley is in purple.
Try as I might, I couldn't get them to smile at the same time. Oakley was not amused with my singing/dancing/toy wiggling efforts.
We recently realized that we never take photos of Harper with us. We have about 10 pics of us to the over 300 we have taken of Harper. Here is my attempt to remedy this situation. I have absolutely no childhood photos with my parents. I don't want Harper to grow up and find herself in the same situation.
Mama's girl, for sure!
We are so happy in our new house and have been quite busy enjoying life. Softball season has started for Colt, which means we will be unavailable every Monday and Wednesday evening for the rest of summer. We are purchasing a Hogle Zoo pass and plan on visiting at least once each week. We have many things to look forward to. Weddings, showers, new babies, parties, lake trips, Vegas getaways, and many zoo/park/aquarium days should make for a great spring and summer!

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures! We need to do play dates or something, because they were so cute together!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!