Tuesday, February 23, 2010

With a Little Help from Harper

So, I came home from work yesterday to find Colt sitting with Harper. She was wearing a white onsie but was turned around so I couldn't see it. I knew that I hadn't put a white onsie on her so I assumed she had required a clothing change before I got home. I peeked around her shoulder to see which one she was wearing. Colt turned her around and...
I really and truly about died of excitement! This was a totally unexpected moment and I was happy and crying all at the same time. I have had no idea about how or when Colt would propose. This was perfect, completely perfect! He said he has been planning it since before Miss Harper was born. I loved it and will be putting that onsie directly in Harper's forever box. Of course I said yes (I mean, we have already been planning the wedding for a month!) My ring is amazing. I didn't want a diamond. I think they are often overdone, over priced, and usually all look the same. I wanted something unique because Colt and I have a love and a story that is unique. The ring is a vintage peridot (my birth stone) set in a most delicate and feminine band, circa 1950s. It was my mom's (we have the same birthstone). My grandpa gave it to her when she was in her teens and I've wanted it for years. When she gave it to me back in December, I thought it would make the perfect engagement ring for me. Colt had it sized and dipped in white gold. I love it.
We are all so excited to start our family together. Colt is probably crazy for wanting to live with these three girls but we all love him. He makes Harper, Hazel, and me so unbelievably happy.
This piano was Colt's engagement present to me. I am absolutely crazy for it.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I am really happy for you guys! Congrats to you both:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is THE cutest proposal ever! that is seriously so fun! congrats to you guys!!!! and that baby is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!