Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Here Comes the Clueless Bride

Colt and I, although we are not engaged, are planning to get married this summer. The engagement is, I hope, coming. That's Colt's deal. We are having a small ceremony followed by an open house in his grandparent's backyard which, by the way, is prettier than any reception center I've ever seen. I like backyard weddings because they seem more comfortable, enticing guests to stay and enjoy themselves as if they were there for a 4th of July bbq. Anyway, I've been looking at wedding cakes, centerpieces, dresses, and food for several hours now and I'm done. Not just for today, but for good. I've seen enough to last me a lifetime. I've got a stack of books waiting to be read. I don't have time for all this jazz. I'm not one of those girls who dreamt of her wedding and planned every detail out years before even meeting the groom. When other girls were having wedding dreams, I was planning my future travels and education.

I have the musician (Jeff Jensen and he is amazing; seriously, if you don't come for us, come to hear him perform), photographer (Whitney Rushton, of course), a dress, and a guest book. I mean, the only part that is even interesting to me is what Harper and I are going to wear. If there is one thing I can do, it's get dressed. Anyone who has seen my closet knows that. The rest of the wedding palooza, including food, cake, flowers, decorations, lighting, drinks, centerpieces is totally overwhelming to me, not to mention completely uninteresting. Needless to say, I need a wedding fairy godmother. Thank the Lord that I have several. Colt's family, once again, is saving my life. I'm certain that between his mom, sisters, and Whitney, our little open house will be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!