Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Friday Night Hike Club

A few weeks ago, Colt, Whitney, Chase (Whit's brother), and I hiked Lake Blanche. It was a Friday night and so I jokingly added the hashtag fridaynighthikeclub to our photos. We hiked again the following Friday, which made it seem like we were almost a real club. After hiking a third Friday, we decided to just make it official and become The Friday Night Hike Club.

Nerdy? Maybe. Most likely, actually. I'm not too  worried about it. I just love that I have a group of people around that would rather spend Friday night climbing mountains instead of getting fancied up and going out. Don't get me wrong. I love going out. I just usually find myself too tired to think about heels or anything involving much effort once Friday night comes. Our weekdays are busy and exhausting and there is no better way for me to reset after a crazy week than with a hike.

Lake Blanche is probably my favorite hike ever, even if it is kind of a bitch to get to. Doing it in the springtime while there was still quite a lot of snow was fun. My goal is to do it at least two more times this year.

Our second hike of the year was to the Bell Canyon Waterfall. Harper joined us for this one and was a champ! She hiked two pretty steep miles up to the waterfall without one complaint. She definitely earned the pink Camelback that she's been wishing for. 

Last Friday, we hiked to The Living Room, which is above Red Butte. I'd never done this one before. I liked it a lot. The views on the way up and at the top were amazing! It is set up sort of like a real living room. There are rock chairs for people to sit on as they enjoy the view or listen to a Red Butte concert. It's pretty cool.


I love living in a place with so many beautiful hikes, views, lakes, waterfalls, and mountains. I can't imagine home being anywhere else (we all know I'd have a hard time living without the Salt Lake County Library system anyway) and am glad that my Colty feels the same way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!