Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Week Milestones

I'm spending the last day of Christmas week practicing the piano, watching movies with Harps, organizing my 2014 Bucket List, painting my nails, and giving my hair a much needed olive oil treatment. Why not add a quick blog update to my list things to do on this "stay home in my sweats and don't talk to/see anyone because I'm worn out from too much holiday fun" kind of day.

I have, as usual, had a really good holiday. It is times like these that never fail to remind me how grateful I am for the family and friends in my life. Christmas 2013 was full of fun, presents (mostly for Harper), my favorite people, treats, dinners, laughter, and parties. It was great and uplifting, but it was exhausting. I can't say I'm not glad to return to "normal" life tomorrow morning.

Harper had a pretty big holiday. She went ice skating for the first time, got her first pair of real high heels, and pierced her ears, all in one week. I felt like crying at each of these Christmas week milestones. Just when I think she can't do any more growing up this year, she goes and asks for earrings.

At least she is still small enough to be afraid of Santa.
And at least she is still small enough to need me when she is scared.


Happy Holidays, everyone! I'll be back in the coming week. I want to share a few photos from our Christmas adventures.

Much love!

1 comment:

Leave me a comment. I love comments!