Saturday, May 4, 2013

Currently

Loving: my hair. I can't say enough how awesome it is to have a stylist that can give me exactly what I ask for.
Short hair is seriously low-maintenance and I feel like it makes me look younger, which is a plus since my dirty thirty is right around the corner- Eeek!

Watching: Nothing really. A lot of my shows are over for the season. I can't say that I'm not relieved. It's hard keeping up with several at a time (talk about a first world problem). I'm definitely ready for a bit of a break from television. Colt and I Redboxed The Impossible tonight. I loved it. It was one of the best movies I've seen lately (confession: Ewan McGregor is a major celeb crush of mine- I love his laugh). 

Reading: Les Miserables. I'm going to see the musical with my sisters-in-law in a week and a half and I'm so excited. Pioneer Theater Company is doing it again. I saw it when they did it back in 2007 and it was really, really good. Les Mis is my second favorite musical of all time (Funny Girl is number one, now and forever) and neither of my sissy-in-laws have seen it live. I can't wait to experience it with them. 

Listening to: lots of solo piano (Chopin and Brahms mostly) and lots of J. Wride. Did you watch the video I posted Thursday? What did you think of his Can't Hold Us cover? If you liked it, you should check out Lego House

Thinking about: so many things- big thing... confusing things. 

Working on: my parents' histories, which is a project I've wanted to do for a long time now. 

Looking forward to: hiking season! Harper is excited, too. We got her her first pair of hiking shoes yesterday and I can't say that I didn't wish they were mine. Seriously. How cute are these?

2 comments:

  1. I really liked The Impossible, honestly I don't remember ever being so completely gripped by a movie as I was with it. I was physically and emotionally exhausted when I left the theatre because it just sucked me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loooove your hair! i just got mine cut this week and it's the best feeling ever. :) and yes, my husband and i watched the Impossible last week - oh, my goodness! one of THE best movies i have seen in a really long-time.

    happy friday, abby!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!