Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Sunday Morning Harper Moment

This morning, as she was learning to swing by herself, Harper melted my heart when she said, "I love you mommy. And I love daddy and Grandma Paulette and Papa Jack and Grandma Carrie and Papa Doug and Grandma Rushton. I love all of my people and that makes me happy."

What a big thing for a little girl to say. I could do nothing but agree with her as I choked back a whole bunch of joyful tears and resisted the urge to grab Harper off of her swing and hug her until she turned blue. 

I love all of my people, too, Hazelnut and Tucker included, because my people are awesome. My people love me and support me and keep me laughing. My people make this life worth living. Loving my people makes me happy- so happy. 

It's been a beautiful Sunday. We spent today relaxing in the backyard. Sidewalk chalk, bouncy balls, iced coffee, cheeseburgers, ballet flats, doggy snugs, a porch swing, Colty, my Kindle, and my Harper have made for a perfect day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!