Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Disneyland 2013

We're back! Three days a Disneyland wore us out but we sure had a great time. I can never thank my dad enough for giving Harper this opportunity. She had a wonderful few days.

I didn't want to take my big camera because I didn't trust myself to keep it safe (a smart choice on my part considering that my iPhone BARELY survived) so I opted to do just instagram pictures instead. I also didn't want to be so caught up with a big camera that I wasn't able to really be in the moment. Instagram is so quick and easy and it worked out perfectly for our trip.

I've already imported all of the pictures I took to Blurb and ordered a special Disneyland 2013 photo book for Harper. Did you know that Blurb will import your instagram pics for you and create a darling picture book? I ordered one of our 2011-12 instagram photos and was really impressed with it. I am excited to get this new Disney one. Harper is going to love it.

We arrived in California on Saturday morning. We checked into The Disneyland Hotel, freshened up a bit, and went straight to Disneyland. We took Harper on the teacups right away. She loved it. So did I. Her face was so priceless that I actually teared up. I don't think there are many things that are as magical  for a child as the teacups at Disneyland. After a few rides, we were all pretty tired so we grabbed some dinner and spent the evening exploring Downtown Disney. We let Harper make an Ariel bear at Build-a-Bear and then turned in early.








We spent the next day between California Adventure and Disneyland. Because we were staying at a Disney hotel, we got into the parks an hour early each day. We used that time to ride the really popular rides like Toy Story Mania (a Harper favorite, for sure... she loves any chance to shoot things), and Radiator Springs. We went back to our hotel for a snack (we had access to the E-Ticket room, which was constantly full of yummy snacks and drinks-- -- a total lifesaver) and a nap (Harper and Cash were both worn out from the early morning). Then we headed back to Disneyland for some more fun. It was so great to have Skye and Cash there. Having her favorite cousin to ride rides with her made the whole trip even more awesome for Harper. 







We had reservations to eat breakfast with the princesses on Monday morning. When we woke up that day, Harper decided that she would rather eat with our family at the Storytellers Cafe (we will have to eat with the princesses next year). She loved meeting Chip and Dale with Cash. After breakfast, we went back to the parks and spent the day taking in as much fun as we could. We finished our trip off by watching the parade that evening and stopping by World of Disney for a couple of souvenirs (Harper chose an Ariel snow globe and a princess bracelet). 









This was our first trip to Disneyland as a family. I'd never been with a three-year-old before and Colt hadn't been since he was really small. Therefore, we were pretty dazed and confused for the first day or so. Had we been better informed, we wouldn't have missed getting a photo with Ariel by five minutes (Harper did get to see her and wave to her, which seemed to be sufficient, thank goodness... she also got to see her in the parade). We learned a lot, like where and when to find the princesses, and will be better prepared when next year's trip comes around. It was great to experience so much fun together. I have always loved Disneyland but never imagined how amazing it would be to go as a parent. Harper managed to make the most magical place on earth even more magical for us.

3 comments:

  1. I love Harpers face on the teacups! This trip must have been so amazing for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A kid's first trip to Disneyland is so special and it looks like Harper loved hers. What a fun family trip. Oh and I love your bangs, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I love Disneyland. Makes me want to take my kids there tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!