Thursday, December 13, 2012

Snowmen and Snow Globes

It has just been within the past few weeks that Harper has become really interested in crafting and creating. She liked to color before but only for short periods of time. Recently, she has started trying to stay in the lines and is coloring with a bit more purpose (like she did with this Ariel masterpiece) than just making scribbles on a page. It's been a lot of fun to watch her develop an interest in crayons, markers, scissors (which she has taken to both the shower curtain and her hair, by the way... her hair wasn't too big of a disaster- basically, she now has long bangs... the shower curtain, on the other hand, needs to be replaced), and glue (Harps loves to glue).

Here are a couple of recent Harper projects:

Harper is obsessed with coloring, cutting (my part), and glueing these snowmen.
Together, she and I have made five of them.
I got the printable from pinterest last year.
Here it is if you'd like to make your own:

The quality is sort of low but the link from the original pin no longer works.
Believe me, your little person won't mind fuzzy edges.
The only person who will mind is you because you'll be cutting out snowmen until your hand hurts.

While we are at it, here is a cute Christmas tree that we found:
I like this because it's simple and easy for Harper to color.
Some coloring pages (Disney and Barbie mostly) are way to detailed for me, let alone a three-year-old.
I must admit that I colored my own copy of this little tree.
You may not know this about me but I love to color.
I think it is so relaxing and fun, especially now that I have Harper around.

Anyway... here is our second project:
Harper and her daycare friends made these yesterday.
They turned out perfectly- much better than I'd expected considering that I was in charge.
You can find the instructions here.
I'd like to do these again with small deer or other figurines.
These trees were all I could find at Hobby Lobby.
If you know of anywhere else to get small animals/people/Christmas figures, let me know.

I also need help with something else.
I am looking for a good homemade gift for a five-year-old to give his parents.
Any ideas?

P.S. There is a new Beauty Aisle post ready for you here.

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL HEADER!!!!! Hi there!!! I am Hanna and I found you through Casey's "on your heart" link up! Nice meeting you. I love making new friends. HAPPY HOLIDAYS! I am your newest follower:) You can find me anytime at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xooxxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snow globe, ours turned out to be such a bust, our glue wouldn't hold. Merry christmas!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including the printables; my kids loved them and totally went to town, especially on the snowman. My kids are at a stage where they can color for hours. The absolutely love it. And I totally agree with you, I find coloring very relaxing as well. There's something about brand new crayons that make my heart happy - like a completely blank spiral bound notebook or newly sharpened pencils. I love the snowglobes, but I'm not sure if I'm daring enough to give them a shot. You're going to turn into a 'crafter' yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to see that your children enjoyed the snowman paper doll. This Printable pattern is copyrighted. It was copied from Danielle's Place and pinned to Pinterest without my permission. Please remove the pattern from your blog. You may link to the pattern on my web site here: http://www.daniellesplace.com/html/winter_crafts.html.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!