Monday, December 17, 2012

Not Ready

I'm still not ready to post. I'm not ready to resume life as usual. My heart is still broken for the people of Newtown, Connecticut and I continue to cry every time I see an article, facebook post, or newscast about what happened last Friday morning. I can't even bring myself to look at pictures of those precious children because I know I'll see the same beauty and innocence in their eyes that I see every time I look at Harper and I just don't think I can face that right now. I don't know if I will ever be able to. Death is scary to me because I am still trying to figure out what it is that I believe. Guns and mass shootings are also scary. Helplessness is scary. The loss of a child is absolutely terrifying. I am trying to be hopeful and to look forward with faith but right now, I'm still sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!