Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Eve Plans and Printables

2013 is nearly upon us and I can hardly believe it. It feels as if 2012 just started. I don't know if it is parenting or the fact that I'm nearing 30, but time seems to go faster and faster with each passing day, month, and year.

I love New Year's Eve. I always look forward to the fresh start of a new year. I'm a big resolution maker and a mediocre resolution keeper, and I always enjoy celebrating on December 31. I'm especially excited for this year's merriment because, instead of going out on the town, Colt and I have opted to stay in and spend the night with Harper. I've gathered several fun surprises (puzzles, special treats, coloring activities, noise makers, and party hats) to keep her entertained throughout the evening as we watch others party 2012 away in Times Square. It's going to be great, and since Harper is a night owl that always burns the midnight oil, I have no worries about being able to keep her up.

Although she doesn't really get the concept of New Year's Eve, Harper is excited to have a party. We spent this afternoon and evening preparing for it by making cookies (how scary is it that I have my chocolate chip cookie memorized?) and coloring NYE themed pages (find yours at the end of this post)...


How about you? How do you plan on ringing in 2013?

Colt is sick with a pretty yucky cold. Harper and I left him home to rest earlier today while we went to see Hotel Transylvania. We saw it in the regular theater before Halloween and Harper loved it. I've been waiting for it to hit the dollar theater so that I could take her again. I absolutely love taking Harper to movies. I can't get enough of her little face/giggles as she watches a film and I love that she snuggles me and holds my hand during most of the movie. We get a large popcorn to share and we always get a refill to take home to Colt.

Here we are heading into the movie...

And, if you are interested, here are the NYE pages we colored (Harper loves the first one because she thinks she is in it, along with her friends Talon, Paityn, and Cash)...




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the best NYE plans of any of my friends. We celebrate on New Year's Day. We usually get up before the sun comes up and drive up in the Uintas to a place we are sure to see Moose and Elk and wait for the sun to come up. It's so peaceful and beautiful, and we usually have it all to ourselves. Then we come home and I make a big dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!