Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas 2012

My parents came to town last night, which means that we were finally able to wrap up Christmas. With Colt's family, his extended family, our friends, and my family, Christmas tends to last closer to a week than just one day. Parties, dinners, gift deliveries, and other festivities make for a fun, but exhausting, Christmas. We have had a wonderful holiday season.

I wanted to share some of my favorite photos from Christmas 2012. My camera battery was dead for some of our celebrating and so these photos are just from one party and Christmas Eve/morning. I'm not going to wait to edit them. If I do, I'll never get around to posting them and that really isn't any fun.
Harper and her cousin Ruby are just one week apart in age.



I think people thought that Whit and I planned our outfits.
We didn't. We just share a solid- and sort of quirky- sense of style.

Harper was so happy to receive a guitar from her Great Grandma Rushton.

Harper recently tried to cut her own hair.
She didn't do a very good job.
Whitney fixed her right up, though, and she looks adorable.



We exchanged white elephant gifts while waiting for Santa.



This is a boobie, by the way. Everyone wanted to cop a feel.
Somehow, the nasty thing came home with us.


These two weren't so sure about Santa.
Harper's face turned serious the minute she saw him.
She ran directly to me and buried her face in my neck.
She didn't leave my arms the entire time Santa was around.


We visited Santa together.
After a little coaxing, Harper opened up enough to tell him what she wanted:
"A Loopsy Doll Mermaid."



Santa gave each of the children a present.
Harper was so excited to receive a new Ariel nightgown.


Here Harper is waiting for her best friend Paityn to stop by for a quick gift exchange.

On Christmas Eve, we stayed home and relaxed.
Harper and I made some cookies for Santa.

He ate all three (plus about five more).
That Colty Santa sure loves his cookies.



Christmas morning!



Harper was so excited to get an Ursula, a King Triton, and a Prince Eric.
She made sure to have King Triton stab Ursula right away.

Paityn gave Harper some Ariel bath supplies.
Harps is obsessed with them and loves washing herself with her new "Eeer" mit.



One of the things that Harper asked Santa for was an Ariel room.
She got it!

She also got her "Loopsy Doll Mermaid."




In addition to a plethora of Ariel toys, decorations, and clothing, Harper received a new bike, some DVD's, puzzles, books, a set of petite princesses, some Sofia toys, a castle, and several new dress-up dresses. Colty and I were equally spoiled. I have a delightful little pile of gifts cards and can't wait to go shopping (after the holidays, of course).

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the picture of King Triton stabbing Ursula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it all! I didn't even know they made Ursula dolls. Love, love that sleepy grinch picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas looks wonderful. I can't wait to share ours with our daughter next year. There's something so magical about them!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I love comments!