Tuesday, November 13, 2012

So Much Good

I don't know if you ever get tired of the awesomeness that is Colt, Harper, Hazel, and Tucker (if you do, you may be in the wrong spot). I know that I don't. I never will. Sometimes, when it's quiet here and I have some time to think about my life, I'm amazed at all of the good.

There is so much good in my life that at times I can barely believe it. I have an awesome (times 39014857) family, an equally awesome extended family (especially my sisters-in-law... I don't know how I managed to wind up with them in my life but I thank God every day that I did), good books to read, treasures to thrift, a job that I love, things to learn, songs to sing, a house to care for, and the two cutest and most snugly dogs I've ever met.

Everyone is doing the daily gratitude post thing on facebook and instagram this month. I'm not (mainly because I know I won't keep up with it), but I'm still grateful- every day, I'm grateful for all of the good in my life.

For example:
Whitney gave Harper Ariel hair.
Harper loved it and I'm pretty sure she wishes it had been permanent instead of a wash-out chalk job.

There is nothing better than jumping in a pile of leaves with your best friend.
I haven't written much about Harper's best friend because I respect her privacy.
But honestly, these two kill me.
I can't think of them without nearly crying.

Tucker weighs 95 pounds and he thinks he's a lap dog.
More specifically, he thinks he's my lap dog.

I thrifted a ballet outfit for Harper ($2!) and she loves it.
Thrifting just gets better and better.

These girls make my day, especially when they join me in a group hug.

Harper and her cousin Cash always have fun together.
We are so lucky to have him around all the time.

I'm sort of ready for winter.
I've been thrifting some pretty cute winter clothes, this flannel shirt included.
Still, I miss the sun.
I'll always be a summer skirts kind of girl.

This happened and my heart melted.

Tucker is beautiful, even when he is sitting on my lap.

Sometimes, he gives the best snuggles.
I'm so in love with him and his sweet forever-puppy face.

One of the best things about my job is that Harper gets to know children of all ages.
This little guy is especially important to us.
Harps loves him and I love that she has been able to experience a baby, even though I'm not ready for one of my own yet.

Tucker is not just a lap dog.
He's a very patient lap dog.

If you live in Utah, you know that it snowed (and snowed!) last weekend.
Harper LOVED it.


There are some days when I just don't even feel like combing my hair.
I'm just glad that Kenzie is still willing to hang out with me.
We saw The Perks of Being a Wallflower over the weekend.
I was wise when I avoided mascara earlier that day.

Hazelnut loves to snuggle with Harper's blankets.

So does Tucker. 
Apparently, Harper has the softest blankets around.

Harper grew all sorts of up when she turned three.
She is now (and hopefully forever) an excellent cleaner upper. 
It's about time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!