Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hiking Utah: Donut Falls

It wasn't our intention to hike two days in a row (which actually turned into three days in a row by the time the weekend was over) but when Harper woke up on Saturday morning, the first thing she asked us was to please go hiking again and really, there was no way we could say no to that kind of cuteness.

We decided on Donut Falls, which is located about 9 miles up Big Cottonwood Canyon and is named for a waterfall that flows through a doughnut shaped hole in the mountainside.  

Donut Falls is one of the most popular family hiking spots in Utah, especially on a Saturday afternoon. We hiked it with Harper and a couple of our friends last weekend and even though it was fun, it was a little too busy for me. I prefer quieter hikes. Colt, Harper, and I hiked dog lake the next day and it was amazing because it wasn't overcrowded and we could hear the peaceful sounds of the mountains. 

Still, Harper had a great time (and looked ridiculously adorable in her "excize" clothes, if I do say so myself). I'd like to try this hike again on a weeknight when it hopefully wouldn't be as busy. It was a good one for Harper because she could manage the terrain by herself all the way up and back. Plus, she liked playing in the water. I'd love to take her to the very top (we didn't this time around because it was so busy) instead of stopping at the base of the water.




And now you can all agree with me when I say that Harper should probably have an Under Armour endorsement. Nobody ever looked cuter in athletic clothes. Nobody. Not even Micheal Phelps (he comes pretty close, though, that's for sure).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I love comments!